AmigaActive (2107/2143)

From:Alan Stevens
Date:31 May 2000 at 22:53:24
Subject:Re: Trademarks and branding

On 31-May-00, Daniel Thornton wrote:

> Why are people seeing it as so ridiculous? Would Sony let people get
> away with selling unnoficial products with Sony branding? The answer
> is of course, no (Sony recently went to the lengths of barring all
> unofficial UK PS magazines from using the name "Playstation", hence
> there are now around 300 different magazines called Station Power).
> Why should Amiga behave differently?

Because Amiga are nothing, minute, compared to the likes of Sony.

Amiga needs all the help & customer loyalty it can muster. It has not
produced anything new yet & as far as I'm concerned I will take it all
with a pinch of salt until something new & radical arrives in the
shops. Amiga is not the only company with big ideas & if they are not
careful they will be usurped by a better product by someone else.

Does anyone remember the tv advert (Microsoft?) & the parachute that
was boing coloured? (IRC) I hope it appears again, I'd ROFL

Alan.